Alexa
  • Directory of Taiwan

Man injured after putting firecracker in mouth

Man injured after putting firecracker in mouth

A Danish man suffered life-threatening injuries when a New Year's Eve firecracker that he had jokingly put in his mouth suddenly exploded, media here reported yesterday.

The man, who was celebrating the new year on the central Danish island of Fyn, had in a drunken attempt to impress his friends placed the firecracker in his mouth where it exploded, Danish daily Politiken reported.

The man, whose identity was not disclosed, was being operated on yesterday at the Odense hospital on the island.

The accident was one of many across the Nordic region. Elsewhere in Denmark, one man reportedly lost his hearing, another was hit in the eye and a third man lost most of one hand in accidents with fireworks.


Updated : 2021-04-20 03:32 GMT+08:00