CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Police investigating the attack on Jussie Smollett last month say the "Empire" actor has turned over some but not all of the phone records that detectives asked him for.
Smollett had declined until this week to turn over the records that detectives had requested after Smollett said that he had been the victim of an attack on Jan. 29 by two masked men who shouted racial and homophobic slurs at him.
But department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the phone records are contained in a heavily redacted document file and the records from the manager Smollett says he was talking to when the attack occurred were a screenshot of phone calls. He says the records aren't sufficient for an investigation.
No arrests have been made.