FILE - In this Jan. 24, 2019 file photo, Wilber Ernesto Martinez-Guzman, 19, of El Salvador, is escorted into the courtroom for his initial appearance...
FILE - In this Jan. 24, 2019 file photo, Wilber Ernesto Martinez-Guzman, 19, of El Salvador, is escorted into the courtroom for his initial appearance in Carson City Justice Court in Carson City, Nev. Prosecutors say Martinez-Guzman, a Salvadoran immigrant accused of being in the U.S. illegally, has been charged with murder in shooting deaths of four people in their homes in Nevada. District attorneys from two counties announced the charges against Martinez-Guzman on Monday, Jan. 28. (AP Photo/Scott Sonner, File)
FILE - In this Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019 file photo Wilber Ernesto Martinez-Guzman, of El Salvador, listens to his public defender and interpreter durin...
FILE - In this Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019 file photo Wilber Ernesto Martinez-Guzman, of El Salvador, listens to his public defender and interpreter during his initial appearance in Carson City Justice Court, in Carson City, Nev. Nevada prosecutors are set to announce their plans for the prosecution of Martinez-Guzman an El Salvadoran immigrant identified as the prime suspect in four killings. Martinez-Guzman has been jailed since his arrest more than a week ago. He was charged Thursday with possessing weapons and selling jewelry belonging to several victims. Prosecutors say they'll announce their prosecution plans at a news conference on Monday, Jan. 28. Authorities have said Martinez-Guzman was in the U.S. illegally. (AP Photo/Scott Sonner,File)
RENO, Nev. (AP) — A 20-year-old immigrant from El Salvadoran accused of murdering four people in Nevada last month has been transferred to the Washoe County Jail in Reno where prosecutors in two counties plan to try him for all four killings.
Washoe County District Attorney spokeswoman Michelle Bays says Wilber Martinez-Guzman was arraigned Monday during a brief appearance in Reno Justice Court on four counts each of murder with a deadly weapon and burglary with a deadly weapon. He's scheduled to return to court for a status conference on March 13.
Martinez-Guzman is being held without bail in the county jail. He's expected to be appointed a public defender to represent him.
He agreed to postpone a preliminary hearing Friday in Carson City where he still faces burglary and other charges tied to property stolen from some of the victims.