Taiwanese boss and Vietnamese worker invade home, force woman to take nude photos

Vietnamese worker and Taiwanese boss invade New Taipei home, force woman to take nude photos for blackmail

Pham (center).

Pham (center). (CNA photo)

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) -- A Vietnamese worker and his Taiwanese employer were arrested on Saturday (Jan. 5) for entering a woman's home and subjecting her and her daughter to an over six-hour ordeal that included nude photos for blackmail, reported CNA.

A 35-year-old Vietnamese worker surnamed Pham and his 53-year-old Taiwanese employer surnamed Ting (丁) were arrested on Saturday for robbery and forced obscene acts (強制猥褻), after they held a mother and daughter hostage for over six hours and forced former to take nude photos.

On Jan. 2, dressed in rain coats and motorcycle helmets, Pham and Ting were seen on surveillance footage using keys to enter the home of a 50-year-old woman surnamed Huang (黃) in New Taipei City's Shulin District. When Huang returned to her home at 5:40 p.m., the men pounced on her, and though she tried to resist, they wrapped her in a quilt and beat her.

When Huang's 23-year-old daughter, surnamed Lee (李) returned home at 7:40 p.m., she noticed that the front door had not been closed and as soon as she entered the house, she noticed that there were signs of a struggle. Before she had time to react, she too was abducted and assaulted by the men.

Surveillance footage of exterior of apartment. (CNA image)

For the next several hours, the men ransacked the home to try to find money and valuables, forced Huang to provide them with her ATM card and password, and eventually found over NT$6,000 in cash. The men also forced Huang to take nude photographs and threatened to post them online if she reported the robbery to the police.

It was not until 11:15 p.m. that the thieves left the home. The women then called their family members, and after speaking to the police, the women were sent to the hospital for medical treatment.

The Shulin Precinct of the New Taipei Police Department then launched a manhunt for the two suspects by tracing their movements on surveillance video. On the evening of Jan. 4, police apprehended Pham, but he refused to utter a word to police until early the next morning, when he confessed to committing the crime with his Taiwanese boss.

Ting (center) being escorted by police. (CNA image)

At 10 a.m. on Jan. 5, police then tracked down and arrested Ting, who said that he had committed the crime because he owed NT$100,000 on a loan he had taken out for his factory, and he had previously borrowed money from Huang, reported Liberty Times. As for Pham, he claimed that Ting forced him into helping him commit the crime by saying, "If you don't go, you'll be out of work."

Police found that Ting and Huang originally knew each other from cycling. It was when Ting had borrowed a scooter from Huang that he had taken the opportunity to make a copy of her house key, according to police.

Ting (second from left) being escorted by police. (CNA image)

Raincoats used by suspects during home invasion. (CNA image)