TAIPEI (Taiwan News) – Halloween, a popular festival from American culture, is becoming more widespread in Taiwan as many young people are celebrating this chilling and spooky night.
As Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, the vast majority of Halloween-related events are being held on Saturday, Oct. 27. There are many options for celebrating Halloween in Taipei ranging from trick-or-treat events for children to costume parties at numerous nightclubs.
The following is a list of notable Halloween events in Taipei for 2018:
Halloween Festivals for Children:
1. 2018 Shilin International Cultural Festival in Taipei is welcoming parents with their children to join a Halloween parade in Tianmu on Oct. 27. The event will include a carnival parade, a face painting event, a scary Halloween props DIY session, an inflatable playground, and pumpkin-carving fun.
2. The Halloween Magic Party in Taipei's MAJI Square will include a costume competition, magic show, fire dance, themed market, free gifts, and trick-or-treating opportunities for the kids. The event is running on both Oct. 27 and 28 from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
3. Halloween party in Fuzhong Commercial Area in Banqiao, New Taipei City, will present several interesting activities for young people to celebrate the most lively evening on Oct. 27.
4. 2018 Zoolloween Party TEN at the Taipei Zoo which will be holding a series of event to celebrate the 10th anniversary of “Zoolloween” – a fun and scary event merging the festival of ghosts and monsters with knowledge about wildlife and conservation on Oct. 27.
5. The 2nd Halloween Dress Up Dim Sum Party at the Taipei Children's Amusement Park will include costumes, parades, candy for trick-or-treaters and free admission to the park on Oct. 27.
(New Taipei City image)
Halloween celebrations at nightclubs:
For most people, costume dress-ups and heading for nightclubs to have a fun white night there are the most popular choices. Therefore, many renowned pubs and nightclubs in Taipei such as OMNI, ELEKTRO, and Carnegies are having free or discounted activities for Halloween-themed costumes before 12 a.m.
Taipei International and Exchange Students M Taipei will hold the biggest and the naughtiest Halloween party in town and welcome all international and exchange students in Taipei the whole Saturday night.
Address: 456, Section 4, Xinyi Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan 110
Free masks are available for those without masks and costumes, while those fully dressed in costumes and makeup get in free with a drink.
Address: No. 7-4, Beiping East Road, Zhongzheng Distric Taipei City, Taiwan 100
Resurrected will host a costume contest and outdoor/indoor Halloween celebration. It will feature a huge tent covering the front lot as one DJ area with a big stage, as well as a DJ stage in the Temple. There will be three costume contests wth NT$15,000 in prizes.
Address: Tiger Mountain, Number 186-1, Lane 221, Fude St, Xinyi District, Taipei
(Image from Resurected)
Latin music lovers in Taipei can check out the Halloween Party at 1001 Nights Taipei to enjoy Latin music and drinks from 9 p.m. on Oct. 27 until 6 a.m. Oct. 28. Winners of the costume and makeup competitions can win up to NT$3,000 in drink coupons.
Address: No. 8, Section 5, Nanjing E Rd, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 105
BARCODE Taipei will host a Halloween rooftop party with a view of Taipei 101 and will offer unlimited drinks for NT$1,200 and a free pass for Chess Taipei.
Address: 5F, no. 22 Songshou rd, Taipei
Everyone who shows up in Halloween costume at the On Tap Halloween Party will receive a free ghostly shot, between 8pm and Midnight. There will be many drink specials, including selected Beer & Cider Towers (3L) for only $600, and there will be specials on shots and bombs as well.
Address: No. 21, Alley 11, Lane 216, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106
7. AI Halloween
AI Nightclub is hosting AI Halloween on Oct. 27 and Oct. 31. Guests who arrive in a Halloween costume can enter for free, while those who arrive in costume after 12:30 p.m. will receive a 50 percent discount.
Address: No. 12, Songshou Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan 110
(Taiwan News image
On Oct. 26 and Oct. 27, OMNI will host a Halloween party which starts at 10:30 p.m. Men who arrive in costume before 12 a.m. will receive a 50 percent discount, while women in costume can get in free. Costumes need to cover 70 percent of attire to be considered eligible for the discount, determined by OMNI staff.
Address: No. 201, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Rd, Da'an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106
W Taipei will host a Halloween party on Oct. 27 which will feature Musician, producer and singer, Dabeull. Tickets are NT$1,000 per person and will include two glasses of Halloween spooky cocktails. A FX makeup artist will do makeup for the first 30 guests. The dress code is a "gloomy devil look."
Address: 10 Zhongxiao East Road, Sec. 5 Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan 110
Drunk Café on Oct. 27 is hosting what it describes as a "Vampire's Ball will be a uniquely immersive party experience; a night of intrigue, featuring lavish decoration, themed experiences, cinematic set pieces and other mysterious events that will capture your imagination and leave you thirsty for more." Tickets are NT$500 and include one drink. The dress code is "Vampire, Vintage, Goth."
Address: Lane 116, Guangfu South Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106
Brass Monkey on Fuxing North Road will be hosting its Creepy Halloween Party at 8 p.m. on Oct. 27. Those who are wearing a costume will get in free, while to cover without one is NT$150 and includes a drink. The top prize for the best costume is NT$5,000.
Address: 166 Fuxing North Road, Taipei, Taiwan 104
(Taiwan News image)
Top Shelf Games along with Another Brick will be holding its annual Halloween Fright Fest full of amazing costumes, delicious snacks and drinks, craft beer, horror movies, and a costume contest with prizes. Advanced tickets are NT$400 per person (includes snacks and punch), while tickets at the door are NT$500.
Address: No.31, Sec. 1, Xinhai Rd., ZhongZheng Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan (R.O.C.), Taipei, Taiwan 100
BeerGeek MicroPub's event in Taipei will feature Live DJ's (hosted by the grotesque freak beat tones of DJ Cerebral Pauly), drinks deals, free shots for those in costume, specially themed drinks, food specials, a pinball competitions and classic horror movies.
Check out Taiwan Nights for more details on Halloween events at nightclubs in Taiwan.
PONG Taipei hosting a reopening and Halloween party on Oct. 25, 26, and 27 which will feature a circus theme and variety of activities and performances. First 50 girls to enter each night will receive (1) complimentary bottle of Batiste (50ml) dry shampoo at reception. Those who RSVP in advance will receive a 1 for 1 complimentary drink voucher upon entrance.
Address: No. 12, Songshou Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan 110
Mayur Indian Kitchen Restaurant & Bar is offering all you can drink beverages and snacks for NT$300 for women and NT$500 for men in costumes, while tickets for those not in costume will be NT$500 for women and NT$700 for men. The person will the best costume will win a cash prize. Students will a valid ID can buy two hookahs and get one free.
Address: 1-1, Songjiang rd., Taipei
1. The LGBT community in Taipei can celebrate a Halloween festival called "WERK! 台北同志遊行Pride After-Party + Rainbow Halloween" at Maji Square near Yuanshan Station on Saturday, October 27 with opening hours: 10 pm to 4:30 am.
Address: No. 1, Yumen St, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 104
2. CUM – Create Ur Mmmagic presents: POSE with Pearl - Legendary drag queen of RuPaul’s Drag Race fame Pearl will be the star performer at this month’s CUM party—one of Taipei’s top regular LGBT parties. The event will be held on Oct. 27 at Westar from 10:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. Admission is NT$1,500 (with 1 drink) if purchasing a ticket online or via selected vendors in Taipei, while tickets at the door are NT$1,800.
Address: 8F, No. 116, Hanzhong Street, Wanhua District, Taipei