HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — A prosecutor says criminal charges are unlikely in the death of a 3-year-old girl who died in fire after being mistakenly left alone at her Pennsylvania home.
Investigators say Willow Williams' mother was taking an older child to a bus stop Monday when the fire started at their Harrisburg home. They say the mother thought another family member was home with the girl, but that person had gone to work early.
Dauphin County District Attorney Fran Chardo told PennLive.com on Thursday that it was "honest miscommunication."
A coroner says the girl died of smoke inhalation. Two firefighters were injured trying to rescue her.
Investigators say the girl's mother accidentally left the stove on, sparking the fire.