TAIPEI (Taiwan News) – Halloween, a popular festival from American culture, is becoming more widespread in Taiwan as many young people are celebrating this chilling and spooky night.
Even though this year's Halloween night falls on Tuesday, the frenzied spirit to celebrate the most thrilling night of the year cannot be tempered as many Halloween parties and events will be held over the weekend.
Halloween parties are celebrated differently based on each group of people. Below is the suggested list of activities and places you can celebrate Halloween:
1. Government-held Halloween Festivals:
- 2017 Shilin International Cultural Festival in Taipei is welcoming parents with their children to join a Halloween parade in Tianmu on Oct. 28. The event will include a carnival parade, a face painting event, a scary Halloween props DIY session, an inflatable playground, and pumpkin-carving fun.
- Halloween party in Fuzhong Commercial Area in Banqiao, New Taipei City, will present several interesting activities for young people to celebrate the most lively evening on Oct. 28.
2. Halloween celebrations at nightclubs:
- For most people, costume dress-ups and heading for nightclubs to have a fun white night there are the most popular choices. Therefore, many renowned pubs and nightclubs in Taipei such as OMNI, ELEKTRO, and Carnegies are having free or discounted activities for Halloween-themed costumes before 12 a.m.
- Check out Taiwan Nights for more details.
3. Livehouse Music Halloween:
- Looking for places to chill out in the Halloween nights, Revolver set up an "Unholy Fertility" music event for people who need some drinks and enjoy melodic death and metalcore music.
Address: No. 1, Section 1, Roosevelt Rd, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100
4. LGBT Halloween:
- the LGBT community in Taipei can celebrate a Halloween festival called "PRIDE & Rainbow Halloween" at Maji Square near Yuanshan Station on Saturday, October 28 with opening hours: 8 pm to 4:30 am.
Address: No. 1, Yumen St, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 104
5. Student nights for Halloween:
- Taipei Students Halloween Party at M Taipei will hold the biggest and the naughtiest Halloween party in town and welcome all international and exchange students in Taipei the whole Saturday night.
Address: 456, Section 4, Xinyi Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan 110
6. Latino Nights for Halloween:
- Latinos in Taipei can check out the Halloween Party at 1001 Nights Taipei to enjoy Latin music and drinks from 9 p.m. on Oct. 27 until 6 a.m. Oct. 29.
Address: No. 8, Section 5, Nanjing E Rd, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 105