MIAMI (AP) -- The CONCACAF soccer body says it will go without a president until May after its past three leaders were indicted in the FIFA bribery case.
The North and Central American and Caribbean confederation says its executive committee decided Monday to have a collective leadership and not appoint another interim president.
A vacancy opened when acting president Alfredo Hawit of Honduras was arrested in Zurich last Thursday on a U.S. Department of Justice request.
Previous CONCACAF presidents Jeffrey Webb of the Cayman Islands and Jack Warner of Trinidad and Tobago were charged in a first indictment published in May.
CONCACAF says its presidential election is May 12 in Mexico City, before the FIFA Congress there.
Hawit was among seven senior CONCACAF region officials indicted last week.
Webb's guilty plea was also unsealed.