LONDON (AP) -- Diplomats say putting the alleged Lockerbie bombing perpetrators on trial remains a distant prospect, despite the identification of two new suspects.
Scottish prosecutors say they have asked Tripoli authorities to let U.S. and Scottish police interview two Libyans over the 1988 bombing of a Pan Am jet, which killed 270 people.
Scottish officials have not named them, but British authorities have previously sought to question Moammar Gadhafi's former spymaster Abdullah al-Senoussi about the bombing.
A former British ambassador to Libya, Oliver Miles, said Friday that Libyan authorities would not hand over al-Senoussi, who is imprisoned there for crimes unrelated to Lockerbie. Miles said: "He is too hot in Libya. He's the biggest fish in the pond."
Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, who died in 2012, is the only person convicted in the attack.