HAVANA (AP) -- Colombia's largest rebel group says it's sticking to a unilateral cease-fire despite a deadly attack on soldiers last week by one of its own units.
The Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia read a statement Monday from Havana at the end of the latest round of two-year-old peace talks.
Guerrilla leader Ivan Marquez said the negotiations aimed at ending the half-century conflict must continue at all costs. He blames the government's failure to declare a truce for tragedies like the one last week, when rebels killed 11 members of an army platoon while they were sleeping.
To outraged Colombians the attack seemed a clear violation of the unilateral cease-fire the rebels declared in December.