CAIRO (AP) -- The Confederation of African Football says it will respect a decision by sport's highest court and lift its ban on Morocco participating in the 2017 and 2019 African Cups.
CAF said Sunday it would comply despite what it called "contradictions" in the ruling by the Switzerland-based Court of Arbitration for Sport.
CAF last year banned Morocco from the next two African Cups and fined it $1 million for withdrawing as host of this year's tournament.
Morocco cited fears over the spread of the Ebola virus, and wanted the African Cup of Nations postponed. CAF rejected Morocco's fears and dumped it as host.
On Thursday, the court overturned the two-tournament ban and also reduced Morocco's fine to $50,000.
The African football body said it is "committed to implementing the decisions."