Alexa
  • Directory of Taiwan

Source: EADS bosses agree to accept Airbus CEO's resignation

Source: EADS bosses agree to accept Airbus CEO's resignation

The two chief executives of EADS have agreed to accept the resignation of Airbus CEO Christian Streiff, a person close to the European planemaker said Friday.
An Airbus spokeswoman, however, denied that Streiff was stepping down.
EADS co-CEOs Tom Enders and Louis Gallois have agreed that Streiff should leave the company, the person said, several days after he threatened to resign amid a dispute over the transparency of financial and other reporting by Airbus to EADS. The person asked not to be identified because the discussions were confidential.
Airbus denied that Streiff is to quit the company and declined to comment on a report in German weekly WirtschaftsWoche that he had offered his resignation in a letter to Gallois.
"We deny categorically that Mr. Streiff is to leave Airbus," spokeswoman Ann de Crozals said.
Calls seeking comment were not returned by a spokeswoman for European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co. _ which owns 80 percent of Airbus and has agreed to buy the remaining 20 percent from Britain's BAE Systems PLC.
Streiff's departure would deal a fresh blow to Airbus and its parent company as they struggle to limit the damage from a costly two-year delay to the flagship A380 superjumbo jet.
The 52-year-old former Saint-Gobain executive took over as Airbus CEO only three months ago, replacing Gustav Humbert _ who was ousted along with EADS co-CEO Noel Forgeard as a result of the A380 production crisis.
Unconfirmed reports in the French and German financial press have suggested that Streiff has been approached by the Peugeot family to take over from PSA Peugeot-Citroen Chief Executive Jean-Martin Folz. The French carmaker announced last month that Folz will step down early next year.


Updated : 2021-10-25 13:32 GMT+08:00