CAIRO (AP) -- Egypt plans to host its first international match in Cairo since 2011, ignoring calls to stage its World Cup playoff against Ghana at a neutral venue because of ongoing political unrest.
Egypt's Football Association spokesman Azmy Megahed said Tuesday the defense ministry had authorized the "full capacity" of Cairo's 30,000-seat Air Defense stadium for the second leg match on Nov. 19.
Egypt has mainly played behind closed doors since a stadium riot in Port Said in February 2012.
Next month's game, which follows a 6-1 win for Ghana last week, will decide which team reaches the 2014 World Cup.
Ghana's FA has asked FIFA to move the match because of often deadly protests in Cairo.
FIFA has given Egypt until Oct. 28 to provide "comprehensive security assurances" for the game.