At least 30 people have been killed across Southeast Asia by Typhoon Son-Tinh, which swept through the Philippines, China and Vietnam last week, report said.
More than a 1,300 rescue workers and soldiers have been deployed to work with local authorities on search and rescue efforts in the aftermath of the storm, VNA said.
Helicopters were on standby for a search and rescue mission for an oil rig with 35 people on board that became disconnected from its towboats miles out at sea amid strong waves generated by the storm.
In the Philippines, Son-Tinh killed at least 27 people and injured 19, UPI reported. More than 11,000 people evacuated their homes. The storm hit the Mimaropa, Calabarzon and Visayas regions the hardest, according to UPI.
In China, five people were missing on Monday after their boat sank after it ran into Son-Tinh in the South China Sea off Sanya on southern Hainan province, UPI reported.