Alexa
  • Directory of Taiwan

Portugal's Bento says Carvalho should apologize

Portugal's Bento says Carvalho should apologize

Portugal coach Paulo Bento says Ricardo Carvalho's walkout from the national squad's training camp ahead of a Euro 2012 qualifier was "very serious" and warrants a public apology by the Real Madrid defender.
Carvalho stormed out of the Portugal camp ahead of last week's 4-0 win against Cyprus, apparently because he was angry at being named on the substitutes' bench. He later announced he was quitting international football.
Despite the controversy, Bento said in a television interview late Tuesday that Carvalho should not be sanctioned.
The Portuguese Football Federation is due to examine the case and could impose a ban on Carvalho playing in Portugal for up to three months.
The ban could be extended to Europe if the federation reports the case to UEFA.


Updated : 2021-05-07 20:31 GMT+08:00