Alexa
  • Directory of Taiwan

Alwaleed's Kingdom Holding still wants Saudi Zain

Alwaleed's Kingdom Holding still wants Saudi Zain

A suitor for Kuwaiti telecommunications company Zain's Saudi operations says it's still interested in the acquisition even though a related deal fell through.
Saudi Prince Alwaleed's Kingdom Holding Company said Monday the firm's intention to invest along with partner Batelco Group of Bahrain in Zain Saudi Arabia hasn't changed.
The two would-be buyers last week offered $950 million for Zain's 25 percent stake in Zain Saudi Arabia. The other 75 percent of Zain Saudi Arabia is split between public and private shareholders.
Zain had been selling its Saudi operation to pave the way for a $12 billion deal involving the parent company from Emirati telecom Etisalat. That deal collapsed Saturday.


Updated : 2021-06-16 10:16 GMT+08:00