Alexa

Karadzic says he will new fresh trial delay

Karadzic says he will new fresh trial delay

Radovan Karadzic says he will ask judges to delay the resumption of his genocide trial at the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal because of problems preparing his defense.
Karadzic did not detail the problems he is having but they are linked to payments to his team of legal advisers.
Judges told him at a preliminary hearing Thursday to put his complaints to them in writing.
Karadzic boycotted the start of his trial in October last year to protest his lack of time to prepare.
Judges adjourned the hearings until March 1 to give him more time.
Prosecutors have charged Karadzic with 11 counts including genocide. They accuse him of masterminding Serb atrocities throughout the Bosnian war. Karadzic denies the allegations.


Updated : 2021-01-22 05:31 GMT+08:00